Student Art Contest
The Caldwell Merchant’s Association
“Art on the Avenue”
Student Art Contest
Sponsored by The Women’s Club of Caldwell
There will be a Student Art Contest in conjunction with The Caldwell Merchant’s Association’s Art on the Avenue on Saturday June 9, 2012 (Rain date: Sunday June 10 th ).
• One submission per student (Grade K through 12 th ) will be accepted.
• Students will create an original piece of artwork using the theme “Springtime.”
• Medium: Two-dimensional art only. The artwork must be a drawing, illustration or painting.
• Artwork size: Maximum size 9” x 12” with mounting. Vertical or horizontal orientation. Artwork must be mounted on cardboard, matt board or foam core. Do not matt or frame artwork.
• Exhibit Label: The exhibit label must be filled out by the student’s parent and attached to back of the students’ artwork.
• Entries must be submitted by Friday June 1, 2012. No late entries will be accepted.
Submit Entries to:
The Coloring Room, 287 Bloomfield Ave., Caldwell, NJ.
(Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-3pm, Thurs.-Fri.5:30-9PM, Sat. 9:30-6pm and Sun. 12-4pm.
Artwork will be grouped into the following categories:
- Kindergarten – 2 nd
- 3 rd – 5 th
- 6 th – 8 th
- 9 th – 12 th
Artwork will be judged on the 1) the originality, 2) the artistic composition and 3) interpretation of the theme “Springtime”. All Artwork submitted will initially be judged by members of the Women’s Club of Caldwell. Finalists will be displayed at “Art on the Avenue” for final judging on June 9, 2012 (Rain date June10 th ). The finalists will be judged by a group of independent professional artists. First Place winners in each group will receive prizes. Ribbons will be given to First, Second and Third Place winners. The winners will be announced at 3:30pm on June 9, 2011 (Rain date June 10 th ). First, Second and Third Place winning artwork will be displayed in the Caldwell Public Library from June 16th to June 29th.
Students may pick up their artwork at the end of the show, approximately 4:30pm on the day of the event.
All non-winning artwork not picked up by 5:30pm on the day of the show will become property of the
Caldwell Merchant’s Association.
For more information please call 973-403-1162.